Here are a couple of questions I’m hoping you’ll take some time to think about over the holidays. I’d be pleased to have you share your thoughts in a short reply or comment to any of them. Alternately, you may feel more comfortable discussing some of your answers with us within a more confidential setting. Please contact us directly by email if you’d like to do that, and we can make appropriate arrangements with you.
Here are our 8 questions to ponder:
- What are the major business accomplishments that you’ve had for the most recent year?
- What changes are taking place in your business environment, and are they now signalling a need for your attention?
- Of the things you’ve been doing in business, what will you continue to do, and what are you planning to change?
- What do you want to achieve in business for the year ahead?
- How have you quantified and/or qualified your goals for the next year?
- What is it that makes your business attractive to your customers, and how can you increase that in the future?
- What resources and key relationships will be important for success in the year ahead, and how will you further build these for your business?
- Have you prepared plans for your business for the new year?
If you’ve thought about your answers to the questions we’ve raised, are you putting your responses and your action steps into your business plan? The first step to achieving business success is to plan for that success. And those plans belong in your business plan.
The year ahead will be filled with many opportunities for business. Opportunities continually emerge as things change around us. The key is to recognize and respond to the opportunities that appropriately match any one of us. That’s why a regular review of the business plan is such a constructive step. Revisit your plan! It can be a valuable guide into your future.
For 2015 and beyond, we’ve found walking step-by-step with entrepreneurs and their team of business professionals to be key to maximizing opportunities. Please let us know if you’d like some help with this, as we have a number of valuable business planning processes, tools and resources available to help entrepreneurs as they start and grow their businesses.
All the best in 2015!
- Jim & Myrna Ewing
Pro-Vision Solutions Inc.